Patent searching services to determine extent of the patent environment
Patents are a very complex area of intellectual property law and a lack of understanding of patent
law and the capability to search patents can often result in the abandonment of product development
projects or at worse result in infringement and litigation. Infringement can be extremely costly,
time consuming and a major distraction from core business activities especially for the smaller
companies which do not have in-house patent expertise.
Our multi-client reports have identified the patent expiry dates of over 200 active ingredients in order to
identify the next generation of generic agrochemicals.
- EMR assists clients to assess the patent environment of its existing and future products.
- EMR can assess whether a company is likely to infringe existing patents.
- EMR can determine the expiry dates of patents to assist clients in new product development and prevent
- EMR, with its extensive knowledge of agrochemicals, understands the implications of IPR with respect to mixture
products, new formulations, single isomers etc and can search for patents in these areas.
- EMR can provide a Pan-European search facility to determine the existence and expiry dates of Supplementary
Protection Certificates (SPCs).
|Our knowledge is your resource